Feminist Movement, Grandma's Feather bed, Hamster Dance, Hee Haw, I am Woman, In the Jungle, John Denver, Rocky Mountain High, The Bucket List, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, These Boots Are Made For Walking
Random. This blog is totally random! On occasion, I tend to be this way. Today is one of those days. As you will come to find out, there is no rhyme or reason to this post. 🙂
While watching, The Bucket List with my kids last night, one of the crazy songs I like played during the safari scene. Which made me start thinking about crazy songs I have enjoyed throughout my life. For the fun of it, today I am posting 10 of those songs, not necessarily my most favorite….let’s call them my “10 most random!”
10. The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Yes, this is the song from The Bucket List)
9. Hamster Dance. For those who worked with me at Brooke… This one is for you! 🙂
8. Grandma’s Feather Bed. My list has to include John Denver songs. He is one of my all time favorite artists. The day he died in the plane crash, my life long friend, Stacye brought balloons over for me to release in celebration of his life. 🙂 Thanks Stacye. The next two songs are for you!
7. John Denver Tribute isn’t complete without Rocky Mountain High. This contributes to why Colorado is still one of my favorite places! Can’t visit without thinking of John and his music.
6. I Am Woman by Helen Reddy. Feminist movement anthem. Looking back, the feminist movement was not a good influence in my life. “Burn my bra?” Really what was I thinking?
5. Hee Haw – Pfft You Were Gone. Times were simpler then. Brings back great memories for me.
4. I couldn’t just do the one song from Hee Haw…Had to include Gloom, Dispair and Agony on Me.
3. American Pie….”The Day, the Music Die…Bye Bye Miss American Pie.”
2. The Streak…Look Out Ethel!! There are a few people, I could dedicate this to. You will forever remain nameless. 🙂
1. These Boots Are Made for Walking. Ooh..wish I still had those White Go-Go Boots. ( I wear size 5, if any of you have a pair to get rid of!)