Before I get into the Sunday Rerun, I am so excited to tell you about the link to our church’s website. Starting this week, either Monday or Tuesday, Pastor’s sermon will be available online. My hope is you will read through this text and the Holy Spirit confirm in your heart to link over and listen to Pastor Darrell Schmid’s preaching. Click here to listen.
This week’s Sunday Rerun: Unified Prayer
This week’s sermon is based on 2 Chronicles 7:14 – 16 (Amplified) ~ If my people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, the will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer offered in this place. For I have chosen and sanctified (set apart for holy use) this house, that My Name may be here forever, and My eyes, and My heart will be here perpetually.
We need to be praying not only for revival in our land, but revival in our own hearts and lives.
I. Unified Prayer (the results of)
- When we pray we get divine answers from God.
- Miracles take place when people pray.
- We receive divine power from God.
- Thanks for deliverance. Deliverance from the attitudes and condition of our hearts no one else sees. ie. greed, envy, jealousy, anger, etc.
- Jesus sets us free! 99.99% of us are bound by the junk in life. When Jesus sets us free, we are free indeed. (I heard you say, AMEN!)
II. Conditions for Successful Prayer
- Humility. God blesses and gives Grace to the humble.
- Whole-hearted – Earnest prayer. Taking prayer seriously.
- Faith involved. “Faith is not believing God can do it, Faith is believing He will do it.”
- Righteousness. We need to be in right standing with God. You can’t live like the Devil and expect Him to answer your prayers.
- Obedient. Even when we feel “it is against our nature.” “Don’t want to.” “It might make me look goofy.” We need to be obedient to what God is calling us to do. “Just Do It.”
III. Intercessory Prayer (Interceding on behalf of others)
- Forget about your stuff – Pray for others. Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God praying for us all the time. We are to be praying for one another.