Last week as the snow storm raged to the east of my small Kansas town, someone on Twitter hashtagged the storm as #BlizzardofOz. I loved it! I have always been a Kansas girl who loves the Wizard of Oz.
Since today is beginning to look like our part of the state is going to get the #BlizzardofOz. I have thought about what it might look like on the “big screen.” What if the Wizard of Oz was remade as the #BlizzardofOz?” Here would be my top ten scenes:
10. Miss Gulch would be riding a snow mobile instead of a bike
9. Henry would be hollaring…”It’s a Blizzard, It’s a Blizzard.”
8. Giants would pop out of the snow singing, “Ding Dong the Witch is dead.”
7. Dorothy gets ruby-red snow boots
6. Good witch tells Dorothy to “Follow the white Snow drifts, to get Emerald City.”
5. Dorothy meets a Snowman who needs a brain
4. Wicked Witch has an army of Snow Geese
3. Dorothy’s signature song becomes “Somewhere over the Ice sickle”
2. Wicked witch hollers, I am freezing, I am freezing as she dies.
And the number one scene in the #BlizzardofOz…..
Dorothy clicking the heels of her ruby-red snow boots and repeating…
“There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home.”