2012 is the year for dreams to come true! Not just mine, but also my daughters, a life long friend and possibly YOU!
There are many circumstances in life which hold us back. I am determined that this year nothing, absolutely nothing is going to discourage me from achieving the dreams God delicately placed in my heart.
What about you? Are there unfulfilled dreams stirring in your heart and soul? What are the barriers holding you back? Do they show the face of fear, masked by insecurity or disguised as comfort?
As the words spilled onto this page, The Dream Giver came to mind. For those of you unfamiliar, this book written by Bruce Wilkinson is a modern-day parable where Ordinary steps away from his Land of Familiar to pursue his Big Dreams. This is a powerful little publication for us dreamers!
In the second part of this book, Mr. Wilkinson informs us about the journey to the big dream. He writes about a pattern repeated throughout the Bible when someone attempts to do great things for God. He states that these are the secrets of successful Dreamers.
- Become aware of a personal Dream or calling, then decide to pursue it.
- Face fear as they leave a place of comfort.
- Encounter opposition from those around them.
- Endure a season of difficulty that tests their faith.
- Learn the importance of surrender and consecration to God.
- Fight the Giants that stand between them and the fulfillment of their Dream.
- Reach their full potential as they achieve their Dream and bring honor to God.
So, my fellow dreamer do you see yourself in any of the secrets? If so, where? Perhaps you have you just became aware of your dream. Or you might be standing in front of your Giant, picking up the one smooth stone. Where ever you are in the sequence, I urge you to see it through.
Tell your friends, tell you enemies, shout it from the roof tops. Your bags are packed and you’re ready to go. It is your time! 2012 is the year to leave your “Land of Familiar” and live out your God-given dream!!
I assure it is going to be the ride of your life.