It is “catch-up” time on Side by Side, starting with the last two Sunday Reruns. On Sunday January 24th, Pastor Darrell preached the following message. Please feel free to click over to the church website and listen to the sermon in it’s entirety. Heartland Worship Center. Agra, Ks.
Sanctity of Life
This sermon is based off of the Scripture passages, Genesis 1:26 – 31.
Pastor states that, “the same way you feel about God is how you feel about life!” Isn’t that a thought worthy statement! Not only thought worthy, but frighting. When I look at the what is allowed in our Nation in regards to abortions, senior care, etc. one can’t help but wonder what regard some individuals have for not only other’s lifes, but (as Pastor stated) ….God.
Four points in regards to Sanctity of Life:
1. God’s view of Human Life:
- We were created in His own Image (vs. 26)
- God blesses us, we need to bless others around us.
- God smiled when he saw man and woman. Contrary to what some may think, He still smiles when He looks at human life.
- We need to have the same attitude about human life that God does. He still gets excited about human life.! 🙂
- God gave each of us a free will. People try to get you to a point where you won’t stand for what you believe. (Aren’t we all experiencing this!)
2. Sin Warp’s Man’s view of human life:
- Sin causes our body to die and shortens our life.
- Soul goes into dormancy if you are harboring sin.
- Sin kills our mind and makes us spritially blind
- Sin causes us to lose the proper perspective of life.
3. We are commanded to deliver those being taken to death.
- Proverbs 24: 11- 13 (Amplified)- Deliver those who are drawn away to death, and those who totter to the slaughter, hold them back [from their doom].If you [profess ignorance and] say, Behold, we did not know this, does not He Who weighs and ponders the heart perceive and consider it? And He Who guards your life, does not He know it? And shall not He render to [you and] every man according to his works?
- Abortions statistics:
132,000 Abortions a month
4,400 Daily abortions
3 – Every minute
One every 20 seconds
4. Sanctity of Life goes much deeper than the abortion issue:
- Drive-by Shooting
We need to practice the Great Commission: ( Meanwhile, the eleven disciples were on their way to Galilee, headed for the mountain Jesus had set for their reunion. The moment they saw him they worshiped him. Some, though, held back, not sure about worship, about risking themselves totally. Jesus, undeterred, went right ahead and gave his charge: “God authorized and commanded me to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I’ll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age.” Matthew 28: 16 – 20:) and GO YE into the world and spread these truths to the Nations!
I whole heartily agree with the points Pastor shared during this sermon. However, for those who might be reading these words and have made decisions in your past which are contrary to what we believe as respect for human life. These words were spoken in truth and love. I realize in reading you can’t hear or feel the way the message was portrayed. So, if you are still bound to your past, I encourage you to seek the forgiveness and peace that comes through Christ Jesus. For there truly is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1). ~b