Yesterday afternoon as I turned the car on, put it in reverse and back out into the street, I couldn’t help but think the meeting I had just left was much more significant than I initially thought. I don’t have any confirmation yet, I just believe God has a plan bigger than what I can now see.
Sometime in 1995 or 1996, a group at our church went through the Experiencing God, bible study by Henry Blackaby. The message of that study has seven realities. Which are:
- God is always at work around you.
- God pursues a continuing love relationship with you that is real and personal.
- God invites you to become involved with Him in His work.
- God speaks by the Holy Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances and the church to reveal Himself, His purposes and His ways.
- God’s invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action.
- You must make major adjustments in your life to join God in what He is doing.
- You come to know God by experience as you obey Him and He accomplishes His work through you.
These realities popped into my head this morning as yesterday’s meeting danced around in my mind. While I don’t have an invitation in which I can physically read, I sense God is calling me. Inviting me to work with Him. Which like #5 states, will require faith and action.
In the last few years, I have missed the action part. Instead I have been doing a lot of sitting and waiting. Hang on, that is about to change!
I have been working with a life coaching and after just two sessions, I am excited about what God doing. I haven’t felt the presence of God or those little prompting from the Holy Spirit this strong for a number of years. After that still small voice yesterday, I can’t help but think my crisis of belief time is here! I am steps away from making major adjustments in my life.
Much of which I can’t write about in detail. (yet) Reason being is God hasn’t given me a “to do” list to follow. My travel itinerary can’t be mapped out on mapquest. There is just a sense within me that God is inviting me to be involved with His work.
I don’t know how to “wrap up” this post. I just know a break through is coming and that God is going to do something so big, no one will doubt it was God!
Please be in prayer and I will reveal more as I can……